13 February 2012

Guess where Charleston?


Can anyone guess what lovely restaurant this is now?

I had dinner here this evening with my friend Jo and her husband Tom and it was wonderful. I watched it change from the abandoned Patio Famous Tea Room to an upscale neighborhood restaurant. I wonder if anyone else remembers when it looked like this.

Check out these pictures of dogs going after toys underwater. They look ferocious!

I am baking coconut cupcakes for a Valentine Cupcake sale tomorrow. The house smells yummy.

Edit: The answer is Trattoria Lucca on Bogard St.  It was guessed quickly on Facebook. Monday is family style service with platters delivered to the table to pass around and share. Salads, pasta, meat and dessert. It was all delicious.


9 comments:

Marcheline said...

Uh.... maybe they put a new covering on it and now call it "The Porch"? Hahaha! Architectural humor!

Come over to my blog and answer my questions, woman. I need your input. And you don't even have to put it on your blog - just comment on mine! Easy peasy! (Pleasy?) 8-)

Brian said...

Lucca

Kate said...

We'd like to see some photos of those cupcakes!

Charlestonjoan said...

Marcheline - I visited, I like your answers....too much thinking to add mine tonight!

Brian - You got it! Delicious dinner. Monday night is family style.

Kate - I'll try to take one in the morning. We have a bake sale for valentines day.

smudgeon said...

I imagine it's become a cosy, rustic-but-hearty Italian restaurant. There'd be candles on the table, red & white check tablecloths, good chiante, and the chef (who is actually from Greece) makes the parmesan in his garage. People refer to this restaurant as "Charleston's best kept secret", but it's been reviewed recently and will soon be immensely popular.

I have no idea how accurate that is, but I quite like the building itself.

Anonymous said...

I certainly remember when it looked like this and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago!

Charlestonjoan said...

smudgeon - close! You did good!

Denise - I'd love to more about the Patio Tea Room. It seems the oddest place for a tea room.

Jess said...

wow I looked and came back today because I had no idea.

Charlestonjoan said...

Amazing transformation, eh?!