14 February 2012

Sharing the love, and raising our sugar levels


Thanks to Alexandra Seabrook, Miss College of Charleston for putting on her tiara and heels and spreading smiles all over the hospital this morning. She was such a great sport and I marched her all over the building passing out candy treats and posing for pictures. She had the most dramatic high heel shoes on, her feet must have been numb.

I stayed up late last night baking coconut cupcakes for the Valentine Cupcake decorating contest. I never enter to be judged but I feel I should support the project since it is a fundraiser for my favorite charity - the American Heart Association. There was no doubt who was the clear winners were. Look at these amazing cupcakes!



9 comments:

Rick said...

You were unfair to pose beside Miss Seabrook. How could she shine when you were standing next to her?

Jack said...

A pair of gorgeous women.

Anonymous said...

2 things.
1. OMG those cupcakes are pieces of art.
2. You talk about the shoes, but never photo her feet? What's with that :')
Pam D.

Charlestonjoan said...

Awwww....you are good for my spirits!

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Jack! She is a singer and actor as well. I think the pageant business is a sideline. She was lovely.

Charlestonjoan said...

Pam - I realized that afterwards! I'll go through all the pictures and see if there are any full length. If you can imagine, her shoes matched the dress.

The cupcakes were incredible! You may need to come and help judge next year.

Kate said...

A beautiful young woman with such tasty treats to distribute!

Anonymous said...

I am there for the cupcake judging. You do judge taste also, right?????

Your birthday pie was devine. I am so happy there was a bit of leftovers and Mr. W. was able to sneak a bit out. Guess who brought me a bit! Pam.

Charlestonjoan said...

Oh I am glad you got some pie! It is so rich, it goes a long way.

I got some new RSVP members signed up for you today at Mt. P.