21 March 2012

Power Plant, Old Navy Base

Power Plant Old Navy Base, Charleston, S.C.
You can tell by my recent postings that I spent some time wandering the old Navy Base in North Charleston and grabbed a few pictures in between the afternoon rain showers.

The Power Plant is one of the largest and most dramatic buildings on the property. This link takes you to an album by someone who got inside to explore some of the buildings. Hmmmm. I wonder.....

Anyone else been inside? I think they had some kind of tour recently but as much as I read the paper I still seem to miss some of these things.

Now, shall I fall to sleep in my corner of the couch like a a perfect old lady? I think so.


Older view with smoke stacks from this site.

7 comments:

Kate said...

I always enjoy past and present photos. Yes, it is large and imposing.

Marcheline said...

Lovely building. And, dear Joan, if the day ever comes when you are an old lady, you will most certainly be a perfect one.

Unknown said...

Beautiful building and lovely images.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Kate! I like doing them. I hope it gets renovated and used for something very cool.

Charlestonjoan said...

I will be a perfect old lady. I drink tea, eat toast and although I have done it recently, I can knit! I'm ready.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Cathy. Impressive, isn't it?

Les said...

It could almost pass for a European palace.