18 May 2012

Leaving the light on

Middleton Place, Charleston, S.C.
I've been at Middleton Place at dusk when these lamps are lit. It is a beautiful place at any time of year. 

Continuing my West Ashley neighborhood dining adventures, I walked out the Bikeway to Wapoo Rd. the other evening coming back on Savannah Hwy and stopping to eat at the Early Bird diner. What a happy surprise! I had the blackened green tomato, fresh mozzarella and pesto sandwich and I think I've found my "thing". I tend to find one goodie that I keep going back for and this was delicious.Oh yum.



I made it to my Friday matinee at the Terrace and saw the Sound of My Voice. So, I've gone to a movie, a walk and dinner out. No wonder I love Fridays.

Have a good weekend kids!

4 comments:

Chris said...

How were the tomatoes there? I keep hearing mixed reviews of their food. I guess I should probably just try it for myself!

Charlestonjoan said...

Wow...that sandwich was good. I took off the top and ate it open faced. I'll go back for it.

Kate said...

How about some photos of the diner, too? I checked the link and it looks like it might be a good photo op.

Charlestonjoan said...

Yes, I'll get some!