20 June 2012

Wednesday Hodge Podge

Charleston, S.C.
Isn't that beautiful? The iron work is so delicate.

I walked through the local neighborhoods and popped into Jason's Deli for my Wild Salmon-wich.  It has  become a quick bite favorite. Yum.
Wild Salmon-wich: Marinated, grilled wild Alaskan Sockeye, salmon, guacamole, roma tomatoes, leafy lettuce, chipotle aioli on toasted herb, focaccia. Served with fresh fruit, steamed, veggies or baked chips. $8.29
I can't bring myself to care about Klout so if you are on it and want K+ let me know.

Time to start thinking about the Lowcountry Heart Walk fundraising again. I usually coordinate a huge and creative team for Roper St. Francis Healthcare. I need some original fundraising ideas kids so holler if you think of anything brilliant. We do have a lot of employees on staff so if any companies want to work on anything fun with me that would raise money let me know!  The walk will be held on 9/29. Think about rallying a team and registering!

Check out this link: Painting Her Subjects. Like them? Except they aren't paintings. They are people, painted. Amazing.


5 comments:

Suzie said...

We will have a team again!! Yea! But no way can we compete with you. Will be fun to see you down there!

Charlestonjoan said...

Yeah Suzie! They have made such incredible advances in heart disease awareness and treatment I can't help feeling I am on a winning team!

Lowandslow said...

That "Salmon-wich" sounds good. Do Jason's Deli menus vary with region? I don't remember seeing that here. I'll look more carefully next time I go there.

Good luck with your fundraiser. ;)

S

Kate said...

If I lived there, I would participate; I'll have to content myself with cheering you on from a distance. The photo is lovely; I want to live there!!

Marcheline said...

If you like those painted people, you should love this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY