29 October 2012

Teeny, tiny houses of Charleston

King St., Charleston, S.C.
Here is another sweetie in the teeny, tiny houses of Charleston category. This one is on lower King St. almost at the Battery.

It is hard to believe we could be having such bright and sunny weather while tropical storm Sandy is hitting the north east. It is so distressing knowing what those poor people will have to go through.

I cooked dinner for six women friends this evening. This is mostly a retired gang of hospital employees. Soon I'll be the only one of this group working while they fritter their jolly time away going out to lunch and puttering in their gardens. I want to be retired when I grow up. We had a lovely dinner after I scrambled together enough silverware for seven. I am clearly out of the habit of large scale entertaining and I had to borrow two forks from my son. I served roasted beet and goat cheese salad, shepherd's pie, corn and a lemon tart. Yummers.

8 comments:

Kate said...

I have returned to blogging land, but I need considerable time to catch up with all your fine posts. Missed your photos, but Cuba was worth it!

Catalyst said...

I didn't know your son lived in Charleston. Is that recent?

Pixel Peeper said...

Is the house one of those "shot gun houses" I've heard about?

Charlestonjoan said...

Cuba sounds fascinating! Welcome home.

Charlestonjoan said...

My son does live here. My daughter lives in Portland.

Charlestonjoan said...

I believe this would still be a version of the Charleston Single house, one room wide. Most of them would have had the porch or piazza along one side.

Anonymous said...

I think it's so neat that you have people over and make dinner so frequently! I need to take a tip from you and start! Recipes are good too, hee hee...

Charlestonjoan said...

I want to have y'all over too! I think it is because it is a new little house that everyone knows I've been working on.