27 December 2012

Shedding light on the subject

John C. Calhoun statue, Marion Square, Charleston, S.C.
Tsk, tsk. John C. Calhoun appears to be flashing the sun. From the back he always looks like he is sweeping his coat open. This adds to my series of  John C. Calhoun antics.

Lake Marion, S.C.
I hope everyone had a good Christmas. This scene looks a bit dreary but it was a lovely day. I spent Christmas Eve and day in warm cabin by Lake Marion with my son. We were lazy and read, talked, ate well and watched a movie. I even got a morning bike ride in between the drizzle. It was a nice break. Thanks for all the lovely holiday greetings!

3 comments:

Pixel Peeper said...

LOL on the Calhoun statue!

I love the second picture - fog pictures are always a bit moody and artsy.

Charlestonjoan said...

I love making John C. roll over in his grave. He deserves it. :)

Marcheline said...

"Flashing the Sun" - the latest novel by Norman M. Scootwinder

The second pic looks rather like the weather we had on Christmas Day here on Long Island! Minus the moss, of course.