16 April 2013

Travel Tuesdays - Endebess, Kenya

Kenya
On Tuesdays I allow myself to stray out of the lowcountry and dip into old travel albums. These shots were  from a trip I took a few years ago to document the installation of a water purification system designed by Water Missions International for a community hospital in Kenya. The hospital I work for raised the money and sponsored the project and I was fortunate to be part of it.

After the commissioning ceremony we traveled a bit and visited other hospitals, clinics, schools and a school for the blind.  I took these between Kitali and Endebess if my memory serves. It was a market area that sold veggies and piles of used clothes and repaired bikes. I was a quick hit taking pictures of the market ladies and kids and showing them their image in the back of the camera to whoops of laughter.


3 comments:

Catalyst said...

Good on ya, Joanie.

Charlestonjoan said...

I was very fortunate. Kenya was beautiful.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Interesting shots and a wonderful adventure.