19 January 2014

Relaxing in my den

Red Top Flea Market, Ravenel, S.C.
I had in mind that this might be the weekend to try Holly Herrick's French Onion Soup recipe. Caramelized onions, beef stock and cheese, oh my!

I had my onions, I had my stock, I found the Gruyere cheese, but I don't have any of those cute little brown handled bowls that you see almost being given away for free in every single thrift store in town. Right? Dusty, brown bowls that people use once and then sell in yard sales? Not this weekend, kids. No French Onion soup bowls in any thrift store in Charleston.

Yesterday morning I drove out to the Relics Flea Market at Red Top and rummaged around. I didn't find any soup bowls but I did spot a flea market dream den in the open shed on the right. Check this out - comfy chair, books, a picture of grandma as a young gal on the top shelf, toys for the grand-kids and luggage for a quick get-away. I considered moving in. Bring me my soup!



3 comments:

Pixel Peeper said...

I was going to tell you that your floors needed cleaning...and then I realized, reading on, that this isn't your den. It's the flea market den! And...ooooh...look at all those books! ♥

Charlestonjoan said...

Yeah, it looks even worse in color ;).

William Kendall said...

I could be rather comfortable in there!