25 July 2014

John Rutledge House

John Rutledge House, Broad St., Charleston, S.C.
Aaack! I had to stand on my tiptoes and snuggle up to the house across the street to try to squeeze this house in my shot. This grand building is the John Rutledge House Bed & Breakfast on Broad St. near the Cathedral. I saw a similar shot, I believe in Charleston Magazine and was trying to see if I could pull it off. You can check out their web site for a look inside. It is listed as one of the top 100 hotels in America so you won't be camping.

I took today off work and am heading on a field trip to Daufuskie Island. I am ready to go! Heading down to Hilton Head shortly to take a ferry over to the island.

8 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

A fine building.Try shooting a panorama next time. Six photos should be enough.

Catalyst said...

Fairly nice lookin' place.

William Kendall said...

An impressive looking place!

Charlestonjoan said...

I haven't played with that yet Stefan. Need to. Thanks!

Charlestonjoan said...

Exactly my thoughts :)

Charlestonjoan said...

You can stay here William. Invite me down to snoop around.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Great photo! I would say you accomplished your goal.

Jack said...

Excellent image, Joan. You got it. Top 100 hotel? That is saying a lot. I stayed once at the Planters Inn, and that was pretty special.