14 July 2014

The Storming of the Bastille

Bastille Day celebration, Charleston, S.C.
In this case it is the Storming of Fish Restaurant for Chef Nico Romo's celebration of Bastille Day which grows bigger and bigger each year. They had can-can dancers, sang the French National anthem and had a costume contest. I didn't wear my only French costume - Joan of Arc. The chain mail is simply too hot for July in Charleston. 

Thanks to Chef Nico Romo for a delicious dinner and my friend Andre who insists on being the host for this annual event! What a treat.


5 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

This looks like a lot of fun! A lot more celebrating than I had here in the south of France.....well I AM in a tiny village out in the country.....glad to see Charleston celebrating 14 July!

William Kendall said...

The lady in blue intrigues me!

chuckography said...

I think she's wearing a wig. LOL.
Thanks for sharing Joan. As always, beautiful pictures.

Charlestonjoan said...

You didn't need to celebrate - you were there! How perfect!

Charlestonjoan said...

Marie Antoinette! She was the most photographed person of the evening!