17 February 2015

Parking garage views

Jonathan Lucas House, Charleston, S.C. 
I had midday meetings at Roper Hospital today and ended up on the top floor of the parking building on a gray and overcast day. I just had my cell phone with me but grabbed a few shots of some important buildings for today's entry. 
Jonathan Lucas House is at 286 Calhoun St. Jonathan Lucas, Jr., the builder of the house, was born in England and developed milling machines for rice, which led to a boom in rice planting in South Carolina. 
From another angle I could see the back view of the Governor Thomas Bennett House. The Bennett House has a lovely garden and is a popular wedding location.We don't have many high buildings in Charleston so rooftop views are a treat. This is just from the parking deck. I need to see if I can get up on the roof at Roper Hospital in a clear day. 

I am just back from a lovely and lively dinner at a friends house were we enjoyed home made pasta. What a difference there is between homemade and store bought pasta. They shouldn't even be called by the same name. Needless to say, I am very full and grateful for good friends.


4 comments:

William Kendall said...

The Bennett House is quite a standout!

Phil Snead said...

Oy, and those utility wires do *so* enhance the view, don't they?!

Charlestonjoan said...

It is a grand house. It is a popular wedding location.

Charlestonjoan said...

Hi Phil! Yes, they do clutter up a shot. I didn't have much wiggle worm from my viewpoint to get a shot without them.