19 March 2015

It's a rainy day in the neighborhood

Broad & King St., Charleston, S.C.
It's a rainy day in the neighborhood but that is okay by me since I stopped at Home Depot yesterday afternoon and exchanged my dead hibiscus twigs for some in blossom. I am sure they are enjoying this good soaking.

By popular demand Charleston got it's own block on the newest version of Monopoly U.S. Here & Now game. Of course we did.

I have a  new blog to share - Buildings are cool. I found the link on facebook and backtracked to read the discussion of acclaimed planner and architect, Andres Duany suggestions for Charleston. Here is that entry: The Week of Duany.

Andres Duany and his firm Duany Plater-Zyberk (DPZ) had been hired by the City of Charleston and the Historic Charleston Foundation to make suggestions on how Charleston could improve the quality of its architecture.  According to Duany, he was practically begged by Mayor Joe Riley to come and help Charleston.  And that Mayor Riley had said that the new architecture being produced today in Charleston “just isn’t good enough.” 
The other interesting thing is, this blogger bought and completely renovated a little brick cottage that I had considered and walked through. It was too much of a project for me but I am delighted to see what they have done with it. Well done!

4 comments:

Catalyst said...

It was rainy here today too.

Charlestonjoan said...

I think it is our forecast except for Saturday. It is washing away some of the thick pollen at least.

William Kendall said...

An interesting looking building.

You're weeks ahead of us- we're still snow covered and below the freezing mark.

Marcheline said...

Count yourself lucky - it's SNOWING (on the first day of Spring!!!) here on Long Island. GAHHHH.