26 June 2015

Blue & White Day

Charleston Strong, Charleston, SC  
What a week, what a day!

Dreadful sorrow to inspiring and uplifting eulogies. I've been consumed with sadness for days and yet this evening I can't stop smiling. I admit to doing the minimal amount of work today. I had the live viewing of the funeral services for Reverend Clementa Pinckney minimized on my desktop and tried to work around it. By the time President Obama gave the eulogy I stopped pretending.

Watch what I and so many people watched and if you don't listen to the entire speech at least fast forward to the last few minutes and hear our President break into singing Amazing Grace.

Thanks to everyone who participated in Blue & White Friday in solidarity and to those who dropped off donations to Mother Emanuel AME Church.

 

3 comments:

Catalyst said...

Stay strong. Our president led the way today.

Charlestonjoan said...

He did indeed!

William Kendall said...

I've seen the eulogy- very powerful.