15 August 2015

Sunset at Shem Creek

Shem Creek, SC 
There is nothing like a walk on the board walk at Shem Creek at sunset to remind me why we all love Charleston. Sometimes it takes friends visiting to make us do these outings we should be doing all the time. The restaurants were packed and lively. We ate outside at Water's Edge and timed it perfectly to walk along the boardwalk. Glorious!

What is everyone doing this weekend? I've had a busy week and haven't had a thought other than crashing and sleeping in.

 

9 comments:

Suzie Townsend said...

Joan, Shem Creek is one of my most favorite places. I love that boardwalk too and if you can, you should try it early in the morning with all of the quiet. I think I have a picture of that blue shrimper and if I can find it I will put it on your FB post. You and I often take the same picture - I love that! You do make me miss Charleston so much!

Catalyst said...

Very picturesque but isn't it a breeding ground for mosquitoes?

William Kendall said...

Nicely peaceful, Joan!

Les said...

I love Shem Creek. As to my weekend - gardening, going away work party, PhD party for a friend, art show, biking, and long overdue article written.

Charlestonjoan said...

I didn't notice any that evening. It really was perfect.

Charlestonjoan said...

Bingo! You got the same shrimper! Hard to miss with that brilliant blue.

Charlestonjoan said...

You were busy! I went up to the lake and slept a lot. Zzzzzz.

Charlestonjoan said...

It was lovely. Hope you had a good weekend.

Jack said...

Your Shem Creek photo is wonderful. I did some kayaking from near there.