04 October 2016

Calm before the storm

Charleston, SC   
Well phewy. Things are not going according to my master plan. I had intended to fly to Atlanta for a conference on Friday evening, work through the weekend into Tuesday and then continue on for a quick visit to my daughter out west. Now that we have a mandatory evacuation I thought I might be able to pull of my evacuation in an Atlanta hotel but there is an estimated two hour wait to even talk to a Delta attendant and I don't believe they will be flying anywhere out of Charleston at the end of this week.

I had also invited 45 teenagers to the hospital tomorrow night for a career night. Dang it.

I've taken in the lawn chairs and taken down the flag and bird feeder. Stay safe and dry kids, where ever you may be.  

4 comments:

Lowandslow said...

YOU be safe Joan. Take no chances. Thinking of you and your neighbors....

William Kendall said...

It looks like it'll be a rough few days with Matthew.

Catalyst said...

I've been worrying about you, Joan. Sounds like a trip west would be in your best interests. You can tell Chef Brock we're worried about him and his restaurants also.

Nancy Chisum said...

You are as busy as ever! Stay safe!